Gonna go light on the words here, because that’s not what’s important. The first trailer for Star Wars: Battlefront has dropped during the Star Wars Celebration (happening right now in Anaheim, CA). Check the trailer below the cut!
Note that the trailer does not use in-game footage, but it is using the game’s engine.
GamesRadar has some insight into the upcoming title, but we’ll give you the major points here:
- Star Wars: Battlefront focuses on the original trilogy (Episodes IV, V, and VI)
- There will be plenty of iconic vehicles to pilot, but you won’t do anything out of a planet’s atmosphere
- Darth Vader and other Star Wars characters will act as “power-ups” of sorts
- Offline play is available in local split-screen
- You and a friend can form a “partnership” that comes with certain benefits like: always spawning with the person on the map, seeing them on the minimap, sharing unlocks with one another, and more
- Maximum game size of 40 (20 v 20) and a minimum of 8 (4 v 4)
- No single player campaign
That’s all we know so far! Regardless, it looks like expectations are pretty high for this title.
Star Wars: Battlefront will be available on November 17th, 2015 for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Preorders are not currently live for this title.