Developer Tale of Tales has today unleashed a gorgeous launch trailer for Sunset, their first-person narrative adventure which is set to release on Thursday, May 21st.
While we’ll have our own review up later on this week, you might want to check out the press release and new trailer below.
It’s shaping up rather nicely.
This also means that there are only a few days left to pre-order Sunset for $14.99 (€12.99/£9.99) through Humble. The pre-order includes a DRM-free copy of the game for all three platforms and a Steam key. The game’s full retail price will be $19.99 (€17.99/£14.99), though during its first week on Steam, Sunset will see a 10% discount ($17.99/£13.49/€16.20).
In Sunset, the player is cast as Angela Burnes, a housekeeper working in a fictional South American city. Taking place in a single apartment, through weekly visits over the course of year in the early 1970s, the game simply asks you to go about your duties for your employer, the wealthy Gabriel Ortega. But it also lets you feed your curiosity by exploring Ortega’s home and, ultimately, discovering his role, and your own, in the revolution that takes hold of the country.
- A first-person narrative-focused game that allows players to experience a story of war and revolution from a civilian’s perspective
- Like all civilians amidst war, players do not directly influence the outcome of the story, instead, their actions affect how they experience what unfolds and how their relationship evolves with Señor Ortega
- No fail state – this isn’t a game you can win or lose, only influence
- Anywhere from 180 minutes to 22 hours of gameplay, depending on your approach
- Soundtrack by the award-winning Austin Wintory (Journey, The Banner Saga, Monaco)
- Achieved a whopping 270% of its funding goal on Kickstarter!
Source: Tale of Tales